VLC arquitectura. Research Journal
JCI 2021: 0.52
CiteScore 2021: 0.3
SJR 2021: 0.17
VLC architecture. Research Journal does not charge fees for submission of papers, nor fees for the publication of its articles.
VLC architecture will consider only those works that have not been previously published, regardless of the format. In this sense, we act with the conviction that the scientific literature can be biased by a redundant publication, with important consequences.
At the end of a contribution, the acknowledgments must be cited, specifying the sources of research funding (if any) as well as the substantial aid, advice or recommendations made by third parties.
On the language of the manuscripts:
The authors will submit their accepted and final manuscripts in English (American English) and in the original language (if it is Latin, see the “Languages” section). Manuscripts that are submitted for the first time for consideration by the editorial committee and the respective reviewers may be submitted in only one language, the one that the author prefers among those admitted. If the article is submitted in English in its first version, this will be the only one published.
About the length of the articles:
Manuscripts must meet the word count requirements. The full text of the manuscripts including title, abstract, keywords, main text, figure captions and notes, must be a maximum of:
The extension of the notes will not exceed 20% of the body of the article. In addition, it will not be possible to exceed 20% of self-citations in the bibliography.
On the style of the manuscripts:
Articles must be submitted in an editable format (.doc or .docx extension), with Times New Roman (pc) or Times Roman (mac) font, single spacing, automatic spacing before and after. Justified alignment.
- Page format: A4 size, vertical orientation. Perimeter margins 3 cm. No headers or footers.
- Content: The main text will include the title of the text, the abstract, the full text with footnotes, the images with their respective legends, the bibliography, and finally the references of the images. Use Word's endnote function to write bibliographical references. Exclude any information that could identify the name of the author or the institution.
- First page: It must be composed only of:
- Main text format: Times New Riman, size 11. Authors may use italics to emphasize a term. Well differentiated section titles.
- Notes: All the notes will be included numbered at the bottom of the page in size 10. They will follow the citation method explained in the "style manual" section, as dictated by the citation standards of The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Citations: It will adjust to the bibliographic standards of The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Bibliography: any citation or bibliographical reference indicated in the footnotes must be included in the bibliography at the end of the article. These have to comply with the bibliographic standards of the journal, and must be after the text of the article and before the list of references of the images. It will conform to the bibliographic standards of The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Figures, tables and images: No more than 12 representative and clear figures (figures, tables and images).
These must be referenced in the text between parentheses (Figure X), replacing the X with the number in which the image appears within the article, from 1 to 12.
- Bibliographic standards: The citation method follows the standards of The Chicago Manual of Style. In its section “notes and bibliography.”
- Image references: Images must be specifically and completely referenced. The list of illustration captions and the list of origin of these references must appear at the end of the article.
Download here the complete version of the Guide for Authors, which includes the Manual of Style.
Unpublished research articles, or criticism and dissemination of scientific activities in architecture.
In the anonymous and external peer review process, assessment will be levied on the interest of the article, its contribution to the knowledge of the topic, the developments made, the right relations established, the developed critical judgment, the bibliographic references and the correct wording handled.
Hard copy and online journal is published by UPV, being necessary to cite the source in any total or partial reproduction.
Unless otherwise stated, all content of this electronic edition is distributed under a license and distribution "Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0" (CC-by-nc).
VLC arquitectura allows authors to spread electronically (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their own website) the published version of his works, as it encourages its circulation and diffusion earliest and thus a possible increase in its citation and scope between the academic community.
Once the article is accepted, the author(s) must sign a "Statement of work ownership and assignment of rights for the publication in VLC Arquitectura Research Journal", according to the attached model.
Any personal data you provide will be incorporated into the file called Revistas UPV of Universitat Politècnica de València exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be available for any other purpose or to any other person. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition in relation to the data by writing to Universitat Politècnica de València, Camino de Vera s/n, 46022 Valencia.
JCI 2021: 0.52
CiteScore 2021: 0.3
SJR 2021: 0.17
This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Universitat Politècnica de València
e-ISSN: 2341-2747 ISSN: 2341-3050 https://doi.org/10.4995/vlc